Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.0 13" White SR SpecsIdentifiers: MacBook - MB061LL/B - MacBook3,1 - A1181
About This Mac
The Apple MacBook 13 inch Core 2 Duo went on sale November 1, 2007. This marked the end of the PowerBook device line and began a new era in Apple’s product line-up. The original MacBook was and still is an icon of technology and shows how far Apple has progressed since its began. With a core 2 duo processor (T7300), the MacBook revolutionized the personal computer industry. The MacBook was the first Apple notebook to feature non-mirrored external display capabilities. The device specifications and capabilities are shown below.
The device comes with a 80.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with “Sudden Motion Sensor” that was incorporated in the previous PowerBook and iBook lines to ensure the safety of your data. This allows MacBooks to be portable yet reliable.
Screen Size and Resolution
The MacBook has a 13.3” widescreen that incorporates a TFT active-matrix “glossy display”. It features a backlight that is 79% brighter than the iBook that preceded it. It also supports a 1280×800 Native Resolution along with other resolution options such as 1024×768, 1152×720 etc.
The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- 8X slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW “Combo” drive which allows you to both burn items to your CD-RW and CD-R’s and read items off your DVD. The drive is reliable and can handle various high capacity data sessions
- AirPort Extreme (802.11g) allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- One FireWire “400” port is provided allowing data transfer to and from external hard drives, video cameras and sound cards at speeds of up to 400 megabits per second
- Two USB 2.0 ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- Video out (mini-DVI) this allows for maximum resolution of 1920×1200 for 2nd display support either dual or mirroring your built-in 13.3” display
- Scrolling TrackPad allowing for clicking, double-clicking and dragging without the need of an external mouse
Also included are:
- Inbuilt iSight video camera
- Apple Remote for Apple Front Row software
- MagSafe power connector
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
The Apple MacBook 13 inch Core 2 Duo comes with a pre-installed MacOS X 10.5, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (T7300) and the Intel GMA X3100 integrated “graphics processor with 144 MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with main memory”.
Memory & Architecture
Applications of its time were guaranteed to run well with a 4 MB Level 2 cache plus a 667 MHz frontside bus with 1 GB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300) for its RAM. It is centered around a 64-Bit architecture.
The MacBook comes with a 55-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that can last as long as 6 hours. It will last approximately 2.5 hours when using DVD and 3.5 hours when your wireless is on.
2.0 GHZ Core 2 Duo
80GB Hard Drive
This MacBook can be upgraded from 1GB RAM to up to 4 GB RAM. It will utilize just 3 GB of the RAM due to memory overlap possibilities as a result of its 64-Bit architecture. Because of this, the official recommended maximum RAM upgrade size is fixed at 2 GB of RAM. The operating system of the MacBook can also be upgraded from its pre-installed MacOS X 10.5 to up to MacOS X 10.7.5. It can also run Windows OS XP SP 2 (32-Bit) and accommodates operating systems as recent as the Windows 7 (32-Bit). With dimensions of 1.08 in × 12.78 in × 8.92 in and weight of 5.0 lbs (2.27 kg) the MacBook 13 Inch Core 2 Duo (2 GHz) 2007 this device is both powerful and portable.
Introduced: November 1, 2007
Discontinued: February 26, 2008
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
4MB on chip
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core 2 Duo (T7300)
System Bus Speed
Cache Bus Speed
1.83 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
60 GB HDD
Standard Optical Drive
8X “Combo Drive”
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (1.5 Gb/s)
55 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1181 (EMC 2200)