Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.0 13" White SpecsIdentifiers: MacBook - MA700LL/A - MacBook2,1 - A1181
About This Mac
The Apple MacBook 13 inch Core 2 Duo went on sale May 16, 2006. This marked the end of the PowerBook device line and began a new era in Apple’s product line-up. The original MacBook is an icon of technology and shows how far Apple has progressed since it began. With a core 2 duo processor (T7200), the MacBook revolutionized the personal computer industry. The MacBook was the first Apple notebook to feature non-mirrored external display capabilities. The device specifications and capabilities for this device can be found below.
The device comes with a 80.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with “Sudden Motion Sensor” that was incorporated in the previous PowerBook and iBook lines to ensure the safety of your data. This is a crucial feature in allowing MacBooks to be portable yet reliable.
Screen Size and Resolution
The MacBook has a 13.3” widescreen that incorporates a TFT active-matrix “glossy display”. It features a backlight that is 79% brighter than the iBook that preceded it. It also supports a 1280×800 Native Resolution along with other resolution options such as 1024×768, 1152×720 etc.
The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- 8X slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW “Combo” drive allows you to burn items to your CD-RW and CD-R’s and read items off your DVD. The drive is reliable and can handle various high capacity data sessions
- AirPort Extreme (802.11g) allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- One FireWire “400” port is provided to allow data transfer to and from external hard drives, video cameras and sound cards at speeds of up to 400 megabits per second
- USB 2.0 ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- Video out (mini-DVI) this allows for maximum resolution of 1920×1200 for 2nd display support either dual or mirroring your built-in 13.3” display
- Scrolling TrackPad allowing for clicking, double-clicking and dragging without the need of an external mouse
Also included are:
- Inbuilt iSight video camera
- Apple Remote for Apple Front Row software
- MagSafe power connector
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
The Apple MacBook 13 inch Core 2 Duo comes with a pre-installed MacOS X 10.4.8, 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (T7200) and the Intel GMA 950 integrated “graphics processor with 64 MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with the main memory”.
Memory & Architecture
Applications of its time were guaranteed to run well with a 4 MB Level 2 cache plus a 667 MHz frontside bus with 1 GB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300) for its RAM. This is all centered around a 64-Bit architecture.
The MacBook comes with a 55-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that can last as long as 6 hours. It can last approximately 2.5 hours when using DVD and 3.5 hours when your wireless is on.
2.0 GHZ Core 2 Duo
80GB Hard Drive
This MacBook can be upgraded from 1 GB RAM to up to 4 GB RAM. However it will utilize 3 GB of the RAM due to memory overlap possibilities as a result of its 64-Bit architecture. Because of this, the official recommended maximum RAM upgrade size is fixed at 2 GB of RAM. The operating s
Introduced: May 16, 2006
Discontinued: November 8, 2006
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
4 MB (on chip)
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core 2 Duo (T7200)
System Bus Speed
Intel GMA 950
Cache Bus Speed
2.0 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
80 GB HDD
Standard Optical Drive
6X DL “SuperDrive”
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (1.5 Gb/s)
55 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1181 (EMC 2121)