Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.13 13" 2009 White SpecsMacBook - MC240LL/A - MacBook5,2 - A1181
About This Mac
Apple made a lot of changes to their line of MacBooks from 2006 – 2008. This MacBook features a Core 2 Duo 2.13 GHz Intel Processor (P7450). It was for this device that Apple introduced the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M for its graphics card and replaced the standard Intel GMA 950 and Intel GMA X3100 processors from the earlier versions of the MacBook. It comes with a white polycarbonate case and carries a lot of the same internal qualities that were used in the previous 2008 unibody models. The specifications and capabilities for this device can be found below.
The device came with a 160.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with the “Sudden Motion Sensor” that was incorporated to ensure the safety of your data,
Screen Size and Resolution
This MacBook has maintained its 13.3” widescreen that incorporates a TFT active-matrix “glossy display”. It ensures clear visuals from various angles. It featured a native 1280×800 resolution along with other options such as 1024×768, 1152×720.
The MacBook includes the following features and ports:
- 8X DL “SuperDrive” drive which allows you to both burn items to your CD-RW and CD-R’s and read items off your DVD and very reliable for high capacity data use
- AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) which allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- One FireWire “400” port is provided allowing data transfer to and fro external hard drives, video cameras and sound cards at speeds of up to 400 megabits per second
- Two USB 2.0 ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- Video out (mini-DVI) this allows for maximum resolution of 1920×1200 for 2nd display support either dual or mirroring your built-in 13.3” display
- Scrolling TrackPad allowing for clicking, double-clicking and dragging without the need of an external mouse
- Power adapter
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
This version of the MacBook comes with MacOS X 10.5.7 pre-installed and a 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (P7450) to run it all. The graphics processor is the NVIDIA GeForce 9400M integrated “graphics processor with 256 MB of DDR2 SDRAM that was shared with the main memory”.
Memory & Architecture
This device is powered with a 3 MB Level 2 cache plus
This MacBook houses a 55-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that guarantees 5 hours of battery life.
2.13 GHZ Core 2 Duo
160 GB Hard Drive
This MacBook can be upgraded from 2 GB RAM to up to 6 GB RAM. The official recommended amount is 4GB. The entire 6 GB of RAM can be used because Apple upgraded it’s operating system to a 64-Bit architecture. This eliminated the previous memory overlap complications common in the 32-Bit versions. The operating system of the MacBook can also be upgraded from its pre-installed MacOS X 10.5.7 to up to MacOS X 10.11.x. It could also run Windows OS XP SP 2 (32-Bit) and can accommodate operating systems as recent as the Windows 7 (32-Bit). The dimensions are 1.08 in × 12.78 in × 8.92 in and it weighs 5.0 lbs (2.27 kg) making this device both powerful and portable.
Introduced: May 27, 2009
Discontinued: October 2, 2009
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
3MB on chip
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core 2 Duo (P7450)
System Bus Speed
Cache Bus Speed
2.13 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
120 GB HDD
Standard Optical Drive
8X DL “SuperDrive”
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (3 Gb/s)
Standard Air Port
55 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1181 (EMC 2330)