Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 13" 2010 Unibody SpecsMacBook - MC516LL/A - MacBook7,1 - A1342
About This Mac
This was the only MacBook that was released in 2010. It features a Intel Core 2 Duo processor (P8600) running at 2.4 GHz. It also has a white polycarbonate unibody casing. This device is the last of this MacBook family before it was re-introduced again in 2015. For this device Apple introduced the integrated battery design that doesn’t need to be replaced and has a significantly longer battery life estimated to be 10 hours. Further specifications for this device can be found below.
The device comes with a 250.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with the “Sudden Motion Sensor”. This is used to help ensure the safety of your data.
Screen Size and Resolution
This MacBook has a 13.3” wide screen that incorporates a TFT active-matrix with a LED-backlit “glossy display” and 1280×800 native resolution along with other options such as 1024×768 and 1152×720.
The MacBook includes the following features and ports:
- 8X DL “SuperDrive” drive which allows you to both burn items to your CD-RW and CD-R’s and read items off your DVD
- AirPort Extreme (802.11a/b/g/n) which allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- Two USB 2.0 ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- Video out (mini-DVI) which allows for maximum resolution of 2560×1600 for 2nd display support either dual or mirroring your built-in 13.3” display with the ability to also pass
- “No-button” glass multi-touch trackpad with support for new “four
finger” gestures and programmable zones
- MagSafe power connector
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
This version of the MacBook comes pre-installed with MacOS X 10.6.3 (10D2162) and features a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (P8600). The graphics device is a NVIDIA GeForce 320M integrated “graphics processor with 256 MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with the main memory”.
Memory & Architecture
This device is powered with a 3 MB Level 2 cache plus a 1066 MHz frontside bus with 2 GB of 1066 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC3-8500) for its RAM. It is installed as 1 GB RAM modules in two slots. This is centered around a 64-Bit architecture.
This MacBook has an upgraded battery of a 63.5-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that guarantees 10 hours of battery life.
2.4 GHZ Core 2 Duo
250 GB Hard Drive
This MacBook can be upgraded from 2 GB of RAM to up to 16 GB of RAM. The official recommended amount is 4GB while running the pre-installed MacOS X 10.6.3, however, third-parties have determined that it actually supports 8 GB of RAM while running Mac OS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard”. It can also support 16 GB of RAM running OS X 10.7.5 “Lion” or higher while running the latest EFI update. It can run Windows OS XP SP 2 (32-Bit) and can accommodate operating systems as recent as the Windows 7 (64-Bit). The dimensions are 1.08 in ×13.00 in ×9.12 in and weighs 4.7 lbs (2.13 kg). For this device the dimensions increased, but the weight was reduced from previous models to keep the device portable yet functional.
Introduced: May 18, 2010
Discontinued: February 8, 2012
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
3MB on chip
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core 2 Duo (P8600)
System Bus Speed
Cache Bus Speed
2.4 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
250 GB HDD 320 GB and 500 GB were offered as build to order options.
Standard Optical Drive
8X DL “SuperDrive”
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (3 Gb/s)
Standard Air Port
63.5 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
Trackpad (4 Finger)
MacBook (White Unibody)
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1342 (EMC 2395)