Apple MacBook "Core 2 Duo" 2.4 13" Unibody SpecsIdentifiers: MacBook - MB467LL/A - MacBook5,1 - A1278
About This Mac
The Apple MacBook 13 inch Core 2 Duo went on sale October 14, 2008. This marked the end of the PowerBook device line and began a new era in Apple’s product line-up. The original MacBook was and still is an icon of technology and shows how far Apple has progressed since its began. With a core 2 duo processor (P8600), the MacBook revolutionized the personal computer industry. The MacBook was the first Apple notebook to feature non-mirrored external display capabilities. The device specifications and capabilities can be found below.
The device comes with a 250.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with “Sudden Motion Sensor” that was incorporated in the previous PowerBook and iBook lines to ensure the safety of your data. This allows MacBooks to be portable yet reliable.
Screen Size and Resolution
The MacBook has a 13.3” widescreen that incorporates a TFT active-matrix “glossy display”. It features a backlight that is 79% brighter than the iBook that preceded it. It also supports a 1280×800 Native Resolution along with other resolution options like 1024×768, 1152×720 etc. The new “Mini DisplayPort” can also support an external display at 2560×1600.
The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- 8X slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW “Combo” drive which allows you to both burn items to your CD-RW and CD-R’s and read items off your DVD. The drive was considered very reliable and thus could handle various high capacity data sessions
- AirPort Extreme (802.11g) which allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- Two USB 2.0 ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- Scrolling TrackPad allowing for clicking, double-clicking and dragging without the need of an external mouse
Also included are:
- Inbuilt iSight video camera
- Apple Remote for Apple Front Row software
- MagSafe power connector
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
The Apple MacBook 13 inch Core 2 Duo comes with a pre-installed MacOS X 10.4.6, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (P8600) and the Intel GeForce 9400M that is integrated to share memory with the system.
Memory & Architecture
Applications run with a 3 MB Level 2 cache plus a 1066 MHz frontside bus with 2 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-8500) for its RAM. All of this is centered around a 64-Bit architecture.
Apple reports that this model has a 45-
2.4 GHZ Core 2 Duo
250GB Hard Drive
Apple officially supports that this device can hold a maximum of 4 GB of RAM. It has been confirmed by site sponsor OWC that this device is capable of supporting 8 GB of RAM if it is updated to Boot ROM Version MB51.007D.B03 and running MacOS X 10.6 “Snow Leopard” or higher. The operating s
Introduced: October 14, 2008
Discontinued: June 8, 2009
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
3MB on chip
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core 2 Duo (P8600)
System Bus Speed
Cache Bus Speed
2.4 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
250 GB HDD
Standard Optical Drive
8X DL “SuperDrive”
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (3 Gb/s)
45 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1278 (EMC 2254)