Apple MacBook "Core Duo" 2.0 13" Black SpecsIdentifiers: MacBook - MA472LL/A - MacBook1,1 - A1181
About This Mac
The Apple MacBook 13 inch Core Duo went on sale May 16, 2006. This marked the end of the PowerBook device line and began a new era in Apple’s product line-up. The original MacBook was and still is an icon of technology and shows how far Apple has progressed since it began. With a core duo processor (T2500), the MacBook revolutionized the personal computer industry. The MacBook was the first Apple notebook to feature non-mirrored external display capabilities. The device specifications and capabilities can be found below.
The device comes with an 80 GB HDD Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with “Sudden Motion Sensor” to ensure the safety of your data. This allows MacBooks to be portable and reliable.
Screen Size and Resolution
The MacBook has a 13.3” widescreen that incorporates a TFT active-matrix “glossy display”. It features a backlight that is 79% brighter than the iBook that preceded it. It also supports a 1280×800 Native Resolution along with other resolution options such as 1024×768, 1152×720 etc.
The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- 8X slot-loading DVD-ROM/CD-RW “Combo” drive allows you to both burn items to your CD-RW and CD-R’s and read items off your DVD. This drive is reliable and can handle various high capacity data sessions
- AirPort Extreme (802.11g) allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- One FireWire “400” port is provided to allow data transfer to and from external hard drives, video cameras and sound cards at speeds of up to 400 megabits per second
- Two USB 2.0 ports are supplied to connect external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- Video out (mini-DVI) this allows for maximum resolution of 1920×1200 for 2nd display support either dual or mirroring your built-in 13.3” display
- Scrolling TrackPad allowing for clicking, double-clicking and dragging without the need of an external mouse
Also included are:
- Inbuilt iSight video camera
- Apple Remote for Apple Front Row software
- MagSafe power connector
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
The Apple MacBook 13 inch Core Duo comes with a pre-installed MacOS X 10.4.6, 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo Processor (T2500) and the Intel GMA 950 integrated “graphics processor with 64 MB of DDR2 SDRAM shared with the main memory”.
Memory & Architecture
Applications run with a 2 MB Level 2 cache plus a 667 MHz frontside bus with 512 MB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300) for its RAM. This is all centered around a 32-Bit architecture.
The MacBook comes with a 55-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that can last as long as 6 hours. It will last approximately 2.5 hours when using DVD and 3.5 hours when your wireless is on.
2.0 GHZ Core Duo
80GB Hard Drive
This MacBook can be upgraded from 512 MB RAM to up to 4 GB RAM. It will utilize 3 GB of the RAM due to the memory overlap possibilities as a result of its 32-Bit architecture. Because of this the official recommended maximum RAM upgrade size is fixed at 2 GB of RAM. The operating system of the MacBook can also be upgraded from its pre-installed MacOS X 10.4.6 to up to MacOS X 10.6.8. It can also run Windows OS XP SP 2 (32-Bit) and accommodates operating systems as recent as the Windows 7 (32-Bit). With dimensions of 1.08 in × 12.78 in × 8.92 in and weight of 5.2 lbs (2.36 KG) the MacBook 13 Inch Core Duo (1.83 GHz) 2006 is a portable, powerful device.
Introduced: May 16, 2006
Discontinued: November 8, 2006
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
2MB on chip
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core Duo (T2500)
System Bus Speed
Intel GMA 950
Cache Bus Speed
2.0 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
80 GB HDD
Standard Optical Drive
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (1.5 Gb/s)
55 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1181 (EMC 2092)