Apple MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.53 15" Mid 2009 SpecsMacBook Pro - MC118LL/A - MacBookPro5,4 - A1286
About This MacBook Pro
The Apple MacBook Pro 15-inch Core 2 Duo powered with a 2.53 GHz Intel processor (P8700) was released on June 8, 2009. Some of its distinguishing features include a 250 GB (5400RPM) hard drive storage, as well as, it hosts one FireWire 800 port. The trackpad is also enhanced with support for “multi-touch gesturing” (two finger scroll, pinch, rotate, swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag). This is seen as the pinnacle of technology for the MacBook Pro and really allowed the MacBook Pro to stand out. Further device specifications and capabilities for this MacBook Pro can be found below.
The device comes with an impressive 250.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with “Sudden Motion Sensor” to ensure the safety of your data in the event of any accidental damage.
Screen Size and Resolution
The MacBook Pro has a 15.4” antiglare widescreen TFT LED backlit display” with a native 1440×900 resolution and ability to support other resolutions such as 1024×768, 800×600, 1280x 800, and 1152×720.
The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- 8X DL “SuperDrive”
- AirPort Extreme (802.11g and 8.02.11n) which allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- Two USB 2.0 ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- Video out (mini-DVI) this allows for maximum resolution of 1920×1200 for 2nd display support either dual or mirroring your built-in 15.4” display
- Scrolling TrackPad allowing for clicking, double-clicking and dragging without the need of an external mouse
Also included are:
- Inbuilt iSight video camera
- The Apple remote became a US$19 option and not a standard feature
- MagSafe power connector
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
The MacBook Pro comes pre-installed with MacOS X 10.5.7 (9J3050) and standard with a 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (P8700). It also has a
Memory & Architecture
Applications also run smoothly due to the 3 MB of Level 2 cache plus a 1066 MHz frontside bus with 4 GB of 1066 MHz DDR3 SDRAM (PC3-8500). All of this is centered on a 64-Bit architecture.
The MacBook Pro has a 73-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that provides 7 hours of wireless use. This is a marginal increase from the previous model, but still provides poor usage due to the high power consumption of the internal components.
2.53 GHZ Core 2 Duo
250 GB Hard Drive
This MacBook Pro can be upgraded from 4 GB RAM up to 8 GB RAM. The operating system of the MacBook Pro can also be upgraded from its pre-installed MacOS X 10.5.7 (9J3050) up to MacOS X 10.11.x. It can also host Windows OS XP SP 2 (32-Bit) and can accommodate operating systems as recent as Windows 7 (64-Bit). This MacBook Pro has dimensions of 0.95 in x 14.35 in x 9.82 in and a weight of 5.5 lbs (2.49 kg).
Introduced: June 8, 2009
Discontinued: April 13, 2010
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
3 MB on chip
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core 2 Duo (P8700)
System Bus Speed
Cache Bus Speed
2.53 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
250 GB HDD
Standard Optical Drive
8X DL “SuperDrive”
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (3 Gb/s)
Standard Air Port
73 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1286 (EMC 2324)
MacBook Pro 5.4