Apple MacBook Pro "Core 2 Duo" 2.6 17" Early 2008 SpecsMacBook Pro - BTO/CTO - MacBookPro4,1 - A1261
About This Mac
This device is a BTO/CTO device which is nearly identical to MB166LL/A. We have listed this device separately as it has been configured with an upgraded processor when compared to the base model. This has been done to make it easier to catalog as well as easier to read.
The Apple MacBook Pro 17 inch Core 2 Duo powered with a 2.6 GHz Intel processor (T9500) is released on February 26, 2008. Some of its distinguishing highlights include a 250 GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive storage as well as it is also a host to one FireWire 400 and one FireWire 800 at the same time. The trackpad is also enhanced with support for “multi-touch gesturing” (two finger scroll, pinch, rotate, swipe, tap, double-tap, and drag), this is seen as the pinnacle of technology for the MacBook Pro and really allowed the MacBook Pro to stand out.
The device comes with an impressive 250.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with “Sudden Motion Sensor” to ensure that safety of your data in the event of any accidents.
Screen Size and Resolution
The MacBook Pro has a 17” antiglare widescreen TFT LED backlit display” with a native 1680×1050 resolution and ability to support other resolutions such as 1024×768, 800×600, 1280x 800 and, 1152×720.
The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- 8X DL “SuperDrive”
- AirPort Extreme (802.11g and 8.02.11n) which allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- One FireWire “400” port and a FireWire “800” are provided allowing data transfer to and fro external hard drives, video cameras and Sound Cards at speeds of up to 400 and 800 megabits per second respectively
- 3 USB 2.0 ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphone
- Video out (mini-DVI) this allows for maximum resolution of 2560×1600 for 2nd display support
- Scrolling TrackPad allowing for clicking, double-clicking and dragging without the need of an external mouse
Also included are:
- Inbuilt iSight video camera
- The Apple remote became a US$19 option and not a standard feature
- MagSafe power connector
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
The MacBook Pro comes pre-installed with MacOS X 10.5.2 (9C2018) and standard with a 2.6 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor (T9500) as well as a NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with 512 MB of GDDR3 SDRAM and dual-link DVI functionality.
Memory & Architecture
Applications also run smoothly due to the 6 MB of Level 2 cache plus an 800 MHz frontside bus with 2 GB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300), all this is centered on a 64-Bit architecture.
The MacBook Pro has a 68-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that provides 4.5 hours of wireless use. This is a marginal increase from the previous model but still provides poor usage due to the high power consumption of the internal components.
2.6 GHZ Core 2 Duo
250 GB Hard Drive
This MacBook Pro can be upgraded from 2 GB RAM to up to 6 GB RAM however 4 GB is the official maximum support. The operating system of the MacBook Pro can also be upgraded from its pre-installed MacOS X 10.5.2 (9C2018) to up to MacOS X 10.11.x. Alongside this, it can also be a host to Windows OS XP SP 2 (32-Bit) and can accommodate operating systems as recent as Windows 7 (64-Bit). This MacBook Pro released early in 2008 has dimensions of 1.0 x 15.4 x 10.4 in and a weight of 6.8 lbs. (3.08 kg). Definitely a very portable device even by today’s standards.
Introduced: February 26, 2008
Discontinued: October 14, 2008
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
6 MB on chip
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core 2 Duo (T9500)
System Bus Speed
GeForce 8600M GT
Cache Bus Speed
2.6 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
250 GB HDD
Standard Optical Drive
8X DL “SuperDrive”
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (1.5 Gb/s)
Standard Air Port
68 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
1 (400), 1 (800)
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1261 (EMC 2199)
MacBook Pro 4.1