Apple MacBook Pro "Core Duo" 1.67 15" 2006 SpecsMacBook Pro - MA090LL - MacBookPro1,1 - A1150
About This MacBook Pro
The Apple MacBook Pro went on sale on January 10,
The device comes with an impressive 80.0 GB Serial ATA (5400 rpm) hard drive with “Sudden Motion Sensor” that is incorporated in the previous PowerBook and iBook lines to ensure that safety of your data in event of any accidental damage.
Screen Size and Resolution
The MacBook Pro has a 15.4” widescreen that incorporates a TFT active-matrix “glossy display”. It ensures clear visuals from most wide angles. It provides a 67% brighter back panel than the PowerBook that preceded it. It also supports a 1440×900 Native Resolution along with other resolution options such as 1024×768 and 1152×720.
The MacBook Pro includes the following features and ports:
- 4 Single-Layer (SL) DVD-RW/CD-RW SuperDrive
- AirPort Extreme (802.11 a/b/g) which allows connection to the best Wi-Fi bands available
- Bluetooth 2.0+ EDR allowing for quick PAN (Personal Area Network) connections and transfers
- Gigabit Ethernet is provided for your Local Area Network (LAN) connections
- One FireWire “400” port is provided allowing data transfer to and from external hard drives, video cameras and Sound Cards at speeds of up to 400 megabits per second
Two USB 2.0 Ports are supplied for the connection of external keyboards, printers, external hard disks etc.
- Optical digital audio in/out for connecting some external audio equipment like headphones and microphones
- Video out (mini-DVI) this allows for maximum resolution of 2560×1600 for 2nd display support either dual or mirroring your built-in 15.4” display
- Scrolling TrackPad allowing for clicking, double-clicking and dragging without the need of an external mouse
Also included are:
- Inbuilt iSight video camera
- Apple Remote for Apple Front Row software
- MagSafe power connector
Processor & Graphics Processing Unit (GPU)
The MacBook Pro comes with a pre-installed MacOS X 10.4.5 which runs on a 1.67 GHz Intel Core Duo Processor (L2400) and the ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 graphics processor with 128 MB of GDDR3 video memory and dual-link DVI functionality.
Memory & Architecture
Applications are also guaranteed to run efficiently with a 2 MB Level 2 cache plus a 667 MHz frontside bus with 512 MB of 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM (PC2-5300) for its RAM. All this is centered around a 32-Bit architecture.
The MacBook Pro comes with a 60-watt-hour lithium polymer battery that can last as long as 4.5 hours.
1.67 GHZ Core Duo
80 GB Hard Drive
This MacBook Pro can be upgraded from 512 MB RAM to up to 2 GB RAM. The operating system of the MacBook Pro can also be updated from its pre-installed MacOS X 10.4.5 (8G1453) to up to MacOS X 10.6.8. It can also run it’s Windows counterpart, Windows OS XP SP 2 (32-Bit) and operating systems as recent as the Windows Vista (32-Bit). With dimensions of 1.0 in × 14.1 in × 9.6 in and weight of 5.6 lbs (2.54 kg) the MacBook Pro, 15 Inch Core Duo is a portable device packed with features that make it a standout device. Definitely portable enough to be convenient to use even though it is best to plug it in as much as possible.
Introduced: January 10, 2006
Discontinued: February 14, 2006
Screen Size and Resolution
Level 1 Cache
Level 2/Level 3 Cache
2MB on chip
1 (2 Cores)
Min. RAM Speed
Core Duo (L2400)
System Bus Speed
Cache Bus Speed
1.67 GHz (Built-in)
Inclusive Features and Ports
80 GB HDD
Standard Optical Drive
4X SL “SuperDrive”
2.5” (9.5 mm)
Serial ATA (1.5 Gb/s)
Standard Air Port
60 W h Li-Poly
USB Port 2.0
Apple Order No
Apple Model Number
A1150 (EMC 2101)
MacBook Pro 1.1